Mint Museum Wine on Wednesday
The Mint Museum has long offered Free Wednesday* evening access to the public — and as the summer months grow hotter, we’ve added Wine on Wednesday (WOW) to help you cool down. It’s another good reason to drop by and enjoy a fun evening on the town while supporting the Mint’s mission!
Participants will enjoy:
- Art: Four hours of free permanent collection gallery access (5–9 p.m.)
- Fun: Mingle in the Robert Haywood Morrison Atrium
- Buy one glass of wine; get your second one free in the Mint Museum Uptown Shop (5–8 p.m.)
- Entertainment: Elisa Pruett and Gary Marcus, jazz duo
- Shopping: Special discounts in the Mint Museum Uptown Shop
OR visit the Bechtler museum on Wednesday June 24 for a deeper look at the current Exhibition with a Guest Lecturer, Todd Cronan, Associate professor of Modern art at Emory University. Doors open at 6:30, Lecture begins at 7pm.
Thursday June 25th is the rescheduled date for Party in the Park at the Mint Museum Randolph!
Join the Mint family on the front lawn of Mint Museum Randolph for a family-friendly event, benefitting the Mint Annual Fund!
- Pack your picnic for a spectacular evening under the stars, even an outdoor movie!
- Participate in outdoor games and sway to the sounds of summer tunes
- Enjoy a beverage from the cash bar and delicious grub from local food trucks
- Stroll through the Mint’s permanent collections
- Share a goofy picture with your friends and NexGen Mint in the Shutterbooth
On Thursday night, say goodbye to a longtime friend of the Charlotte Art Scene – Brad Thomas. Former Director of Residencies & Exhibitions at McColl Center for Art and Innovation, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Mint Museum, and Director of the Davidson University Galleries, Brad has for many years been a fixture as an arts administrator and curator. Now we have an opportunity to see his own artwork in a pop-up exhibition at the FOR LEASE gallery.