Reception for Kindred: Photographers Focus on Family
SOCO Gallery, 421 Providence Road
This new exbhition of photography is curated by one of the best, Brad Thomas. Thomas may have left Charlotte for Minnesota recently, but we’re happy he’s keeping his hands in the Charlotte art community with his new venture, Thomas Contemporary. The show contains work exploring the many roles of being part of a family, with photography by Linda Foard Roberts, Carolyn Demeritt, Raymond Grubb, Brittany LIttle, David Hilliard, and Sally Mann.
- McColl Center for Art + Innovation: your chance to meet all the new studio artists during the opening for “People/Places/Exchanges: Art as a Visual Voice,” and exhibition featuring 2015 Artists-in-Residence. Reception 6-9 p.m.
- UNC Charlotte Projective Eye Gallery: witness the innovative installation work of Julianne Swartz in the solo exhibition “Close” which encompasses three large artworks in the gallery and atrium of the UNC Charlotte Center City Building. Reception 6-8 p.m.
- Ciel Gallery: Opening of a show of new paintings by Emily T. Andress. Reception 6-9 p.m.
- Lark and Key Gallery: Opening Reception for two exhibitions, “New Horizons” and “8×8” (If you can’t make it, go to their 8 year anniversary celebration on Thursday, February 4 from 5-8 p.m.).
- Elder Gallery: Opening for a show of new abstract paintings by Javier Barbosa called “Santa Fe to Charlotte.” Reception 5-8 p.m.