The Cornelius Art Center is launching their third installment of Beyond Walls, an exhibition of large-scale outdoor sculptures installed at Robbins Park.
- This show is only open to freestanding sculptural works.
- Materials must be suitable for outdoors and withstand weather exposure.
- Individual pieces, outdoor art installations and/or groupings of smaller pieces will be accepted.
- Applicants can submit up to three images of three works for consideration for exhibition via online submission.
- Applications are due by 5pm on Friday, February 3.
- A panel will select approximately 10 works for exhibition.
- Selected artists will receive a $1000 stipend for participating in the exhibition. Payment will be issued once installation is complete and has been approved by the Town of Cornelius.
- You will be required to transport and install your art at your own expense. If needed, the Town will offer assistance in unloading and installing work by appointment. Artists requiring assistance must work within the availability of the Town’s staff.
- The winner of the People’s Choice Award, selected by our local viewing public, will receive a $1000 prize in addition to the stipend.
- Delivery ad installation of works of art will take place between March 27 and April 13.
- The exhibition will open with a public reception on May 6.
- Works will be required to remain on display through January 2018.
If you have questions, please call 704-896-8823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.