Last week we posted some interesting opportunities for artists – this week it has come to our attention that there are lots of jobs in the visual arts currently available to arts administrators, curators, or art educators.
Here are a few that are being offered right here in North Carolina (as advertised through the Arts North Carolina website:
- Arts Together – Preschool Assistant
- The ArtsCenter (Carrboro) – Teaching Artists
- The ArtsCenter (Carrboro) – AfterSchool Arts Immersion Assistants
- Asheville Art Museum – Grants Manager
- University Park Creative Arts Elementary (Charlotte) – Principal
- Arts of the Albemarle – School of the Arts Director
- Ackland Art Museum – Director of External Affairs
- Durham Arts Council – Arts Instructors
- Sallie Mae Ligon Museum & Archives – Museum Director
- John C. Campbell Folk School – Executive Director
Plus… Elsewhere in Greensboro, NC is looking for an Operations Manager.
A little ways down the road…the South Carolina Arts Commission (Columbia) is seeking a new Communications Director and the Chapman Arts Center (Spartanburg) is looking for someone to fill a Director role.
Also… this week the College Art Association announced that they have several new opportunities due to a restructuring. The College Art Association is located in New York City:
- Programs Assistant
- Media and Content Manager
- Manager of Annual Conference
- Sponsorship and Partnership Manager
- Publications and Programs Editor
- IT Manager
- Grants and Special Programs Manager