We love this awesome new program being organized by The Light Factory, Beyond the Frame. The project is a year-long cooperative lab for women photographers. Selected participants will meet once a month and have access to The Light Factory’s darkroom, digital printing lab, and lighting studio. Selected artists will also have the opportunity to participate in workshops throughout the year. If you are interested in creating new work, exploring various photographic processes and approaches, are at least 21 years old and reside in the greater Charlotte metro region, this might be a great fit for you.
Email email@example.com with a brief letter of interest and a PDF that includes the following:
- Your name and contact information
- A brief (no more than 500 words) essay detailing why you would like to participate and what you hope to gain from Beyond the Frame
- A short bio or CV (no more than two pages)
- Five to seven images of current work
- Please include the above in one PDF sized at 5MB or less.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 29, 2017.
Submissions will be juried by an outside panel of professionals. Applicants will be notified of status by October 15.