The Arts and Science Council recently announced three new funding opportunities for artists and creative individuals and organizations. Please read on to learn more.
- Creative Renewal Fellowships.
- Deadline: Friday, Feb. 2, 2018 by noon.
- Eligible Applicants: Mecklenburg County residents.
- About this grant: Five mid-career creative individuals will receive $10,000 fellowships in order to refresh their creative energy in the midst of their careers. Fellowship funds can be used for research, instruction, conferences, apprenticeships, travel or other experiences that help them explore their creative journey. Fellowship activities must occur between April 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
- Prequalified Artist Pool – Cross Charlotte Trail.
- Deadline: Friday, Feb. 9, 2018 by 11:59 p.m.
- Eligible Applicants: This call is open to U.S. residents, though local artists and artist teams will be preferred for certain projects.
- About this Grant: Artists selected from the prequalified pool will be eligible for commissions that may range from $30,000 to $60,000 to create public art or provide design services for art elements for the City of Charlotte Cross Charlotte Trail, a planned 26-mile trail and greenway system that will stretch from Pineville through Center City to the UNC Charlotte campus. Inclusion in the pre-qualified pool does not guarantee a commission.
- Cultural Vision Grants.
- Letter of intent deadline: Friday, March 2, 2018 by noon.
- Eligible Applicants: Mecklenburg County-based creative individuals and non-profit organizations.
- About this Grant: The grants will provide matching funds of up to $10,000 for projects that build community or increase relevance and innovation. Projects must begin between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 and conclude before June 30, 2020. A Cultural Vision Grant Info Session will be held from 5:30-7 p.m. Jan. 24, 2018, at ASC. RSVP is required.