DALTON GALLERY, 2019 EXHIBITIONS
The Arts Council of York County is accepting applications for 2019 gallery exhibitions through April 6 for the Dalton Gallery at the Center for the Arts in Rock Hill. The Gallery is an 1,800-square-foot space.
Submissions requirements include:
$20 application fee (non-refundable)
10 hi-res jpeg images submitted on CD or DVD (Mac or PC formatted discs please)
Inventory lists, with titles, sizes, and mediums
Written proposal for exhibition and/or artist statement
Deadline: 5 PM on Friday, April 6, 2018.
- Artists may submit work as a group or individually.
- Submission packets will not be returned.
- Only complete proposals that adhere to the Arts Council’s submission guidelines will be considered.
- Works that sell while on exhibit at the Center for the Arts are subject to a 40% commission fee by the Arts Council of York County.
- Payments in the form of cash, credit card or check will be accepted. All checks must be payable to the Arts Council of York County.
Submissions are accepted in three ways – email, mail, or delivery – all to the attention of Mike Gentry, Gallery Manager.
Art Collection of York County
Attn: Mike Gentry
PO Box 2797
Rock Hill, SC 29732
Center for the Arts
121 E. Main St.
Rock Hill, SC 29730
FRESH, Artspace, Raleigh, NC
Deadline: Submissions due to Artspace between May 8-12 from 11-5pm. All submitted work will be displayed in Gallery One and Gallery Two from May 18 – 26. Selected works will be announced May 28. Juried selection will be on display in Gallery One from June 1 – 29.
- NC artists 18 + working in any media are eligible
- Work must have been produced in the last two years
- Submissions are limited in size to a maximum of 36” wide and 72” high.
- For video submissions, please contact Annah Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the deadline to ensure work can be accommodated.
- All work must be for sale. 50% commission from all sales goes directly to support the Artspace Inspiration Fund.
- The exhibition and awards will be juried by Jennifer Dasal, Associate Curator of Contemporary Art at the NC Museum of Art and creator + host of ArtCurious podcast. Cash awards for Best in Show ($1000), 2nd place ($500), 3rd place ($250), and People’s Choice ($100).
FRESH Look: May 17, 6pm. Pre-jury viewing party.
FRESH Interpretations: May 19, 11am. Musical response to selected works with Greg Whitt.
FRESH Perspective: June 16 12-2pm. Live screening of new ArtCurious episode followed by a Q+A session with juror, Jennifer Dasal.
MAINFRAME, organized by Young Affiliates of the Mint
The Young Affiliates of the Mint present their Third Annual Art Show, Mainframe, to be held in the Level 5 expansion space of the Mint Museum Uptown.
The concept beyond the YAM’s latest exhibition is a reflection on the turning point in society marked by the development of the mainframe computer. Mainframe will present participatory compilation of works that explore the role of technology in society and/or how technology overstimulation has impacted the world’s youngest generations.
- Works must be participatory, immersive, experiential, interactive, and/or multi-sensory that explores the use and effect of technology in society.
- Works will be due in August/early September, with the exhibition on view September 14-October 17.
- Artists can submit existing work to be adapted/installed at Mint Museum space.
- Artists must submit high resolution images of the works submitted, an artist statement, and a CV via this link.
- Artists must include installation or artwork specifications to aid in the curation and installation planning for the show. The entry fee is $40 for up to 8 works of art.
- Specs and details of the 5th floor expansion can be viewed at the PDF link here. Pictures of the space can be seen here.
(Full disclosure, one member of HappeningsCLT will be on the jury panel. More info here.)